Informatie over Portugal
Voor informatie over Portugal kunt u zich ook wenden tot de Portugese Ambassade in Den Haag.
In Portugal zijn de volgende Nederlandse verenigingen actief:
FIRE SAFETY IN RURAL AREAS FOR VISITORS
PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO READ THIS ADVICE
We welcome you to Portugal, one of the sunniest and warmest places in Europe.
But did you know that each year wildfires cause massive damage to our rural areas, putting the lives of the public and firefighters at risk and result in extensive damage to our environment and property? Many of these fires are caused by negligence and are preventable.
Whether you are visiting rural areas, caravanning, camping, walking in rural and forest areas, on a cycling holiday, using BBQs, using quad bikes or 4x4 vehicles in the rural areas and forest tracks, make sure you have a safe holiday.
Between 1 July and 30 September (the Critical Fire Period) or outside this period if the fire risk is “very high” or “extreme” (available on a daily basis at www.ipma.pt), IT IS FORBIDDEN TO:
- Light bonfires (camp fires) for pleasure or leisure;
- Use of fuel, matches, gas or other dangerous materials for lighting or meal preparation;
- Burn vegetation that was cut and stacked;
- Releasing fire balloons or any other kind of fireworks;
- Smoke or use a lighter in forest;
For caravans and motor homes we advise you to carry a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and check gas pipes and seals regularly. Setup camp only in designates places.
IF YOU ARE CONFRONTED WITH A WILDFIRE
If you are close or in danger, take refuge and dial the European Emergency Number – 112 If you are not in danger you could:
- Attempt to extinguish it with shovels, hoses or branches;
- Do not disturb the operation of the fire fighters and follow their instructions;
- Remove your car from the paths of access to the fire;
- Inform the authorities if you notice the presence of anyone acting suspiciously.
Should you need to report a fire or require a medical emergency please dial 112.
Safe Communities Portugal
Portuguese National Authority for Civil Protection
WISH YOU A SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAY!
www.safecommunitiesportugal.com • www.prociv.pt