Vacatures en stages in Chili
Vacature Regional Business Developer/ Trade advisor
Are you the new pragmatic networker our embassy needs? Promoting Dutch solutions for Chilean & regional challenges? Turning Chilean & regional market developments into business opportunities for the Netherlands?
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Santiago is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of a Regional Business Developer/ Trade advisor (M/F) (37,5 hrs per week) who works in the Netherlands Embassy in Santiago the Chile but is also part of a regional team. Someone who has a vision on the development of Chile and keeps track on developments in the surrounding markets. Someone who has the analytic skills to sharply map the opportunities for Dutch policy and business and the ability to convert these into action. Someone who has an excellent capability to build, extend and maintain a useful network within government and the business community and is easily relatable. Someone who is able to coordinate a network of Dutch embassies in the Latin American region (Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Peru and Chile) towards concrete results. Someone who is proactive, result-oriented, an outstanding team player and is able to combine teamwork within an internal open, direct working environment and an external more formal, hierarchical environment. External awareness and cultural sensitivity are very well developed.
- The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands maintains and promotes the bilateral relations between the Netherlands and Chile, represents the Netherlands´ government in Chile and assists Dutch citizens in Chile that need it.
- The Regional Business Developer in Santiago de Chile will work 50 percent of her/his time as a member of the regional ‘business developing team’ for the 6 Dutch embassies in the countries mentioned above, and 50 percent for the economic policy team of the Embassy of the Netherlands in Chile. She/he will work under joint supervision of the Regional Business Developer based in Lima, Peru and the Deputy Head of Mission at the Embassy in Chile.
- The promotion of Dutch exports, investments and business development is a key task. The economic presence of the Netherlands in Chile and in the region is characterized by innovation, sustainability and the cooperation between public, private and research (‘the golden triangle’). Priority sectors are ports & logistics and smart cities.
- The Regional Business Developer/ Trade advisor (M/F) is responsible for the analysis, development and implementation of policies, programs and projects in the priority sectors water and agriculture and – in cooperation with other advisors – in various thematic areas.
- The Embassy works as a close team, with direct, non-hierarchical, open, responsible and professional internal relations and high integrity.
TASKS AND RESULT AREAS
- Analysis and knowledge acquisition in the above-mentioned priority sectors in Chile and in the region in close cooperation with the other Dutch embassies, as well in the Netherlands.
- Building up and maintaining a relevant network in both the private and public sector in Chile and the Netherlands.
- Respond independently to trade related questions and registration in the global business database.
- Proactively identify, assess and promote business opportunities for Dutch businesses in the public and private sector in the priority sectors and thematic areas.
- Organize and support business events (seminars, missions, matchmaking events, etc.).
- Promote the Dutch business sector in general (‘Holland Branding’).
- Cooperate with other team members in common projects and assist in the overall team work where needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Level of education: University Degree (BA or MA degree).
- Professional experience: a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- A thorough understanding of and experience in trade and business development.
- An excellent networker, capable of easy contact with all kinds of counterparts, client-friendly and service-oriented.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with private sector in the Netherlands or Chile in the priority sectors and/or thematic areas.
- Demonstrable affinity with the Netherlands.
- An excellent command of the Spanish language, good knowledge of the English language. Written as well as spoken. Command of Dutch is highly recommended.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Analytically as well as pragmatically minded.
- Flexible and prepared to work in the evenings when needed.
THE MAIN REQUIRED COMPETENCES
- Planning and organizing.
- External focus.
- Result oriented.
If you are interested, please send your motivation letter and CV addressed to the Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Harman Idema, to email@example.com not later than January 6th, 2019. If you have any questions, please send them to Jurgen.firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com.
Stage lopen op de Ambassade
Het is voor Nederlandse studenten mogelijk stage te lopen op de Nederlandse ambassade te Santiago, Chili. Op de website van werken voor internationale organisaties kunt u de stagevacatures terugvinden.