CV Ambassadeur Janet Alberda
Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ms. Janet Alberda studied at the University of Amsterdam (Institute for Contemporary Middle East, major Semitic Languages and Cultures) from 1991 to 1997.
Since 1998 Ms. Alberda is a diplomat in the service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, where she has held various positions, both at the ministry in The Hague and several postings outside the Netherlands.
Ms. Alberda has two children, two boys in the ages of 18 and 20.
Previous positions held by Ms. Alberda relate to the following:
- July 2018 – July 2020: Ambassador to the Republic of South Sudan
- September 2016 – July 2018: Consul General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Erbil, to the Kurdistan Region of Iraq
- August 2013 - August 2016: Deputy Director of the North Africa and Middle East Department, also responsible of the two clusters dealing with the Mashreq & the Gulf region.
- August 2012 - August 2013: Special Advisor on Syria (based in Istanbul)
- September 2011 - June 2012: Deputy Head of Mission, based in Damascus, Syria
- January 2009 - September 2011: Coordinator for European Human Rights Policy at Human Rights Department
- August 2005 - January 2009: Deputy Head of Mission, based in Tbilisi (with co - accreditation for Armenia), Georgia
- August 2001 - August 2005: First embassy secretary, Sana'a, Yemen
- January 1999 - August 2001: Policy Management Rural and Urban Development.
Languages written and spoken:
Dutch, English, Arabic, French & German