Vacature: Senior Officer for Domestic Politics and Human Rights
De Ambassade van het Koninkrijk der Nederlanden in Israël stelt de positie van Senior Officer for Domestic Politics and Human Rights beschikbaar. Deadline voor reacties: 14 juni 2021. De vacature is in het Engels.
The Embassy represents the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Israel and is based in the greater Tel Aviv area. The interests are manifold: economic (trade, investment and innovation), political (maintaining good ties with Israel, addressing regional and global challenges), consular and cultural. Specific services are rendered to victims of World War II. The Embassy team, headed by the Ambassador, consists of 26 colleagues – 20 local employees and 6 expatriates.
We are looking for a Senior Officer for Domestic Politics and Human Rights. We offer a competitive position in an international environment: gross basic monthly salary is between 18.800-28.200 NIS (depending on experience and subject to taxation in Israel); for 37.5 hours per week (working week is Monday to Friday 13.30) and flexibility as regards working times and location.
The policy officer will work on domestic policy and human rights issues. In close cooperation with the First Secretary for Policy, you contribute to political reporting about domestic politics and human rights issues and activities supporting Dutch policy.
- Monitor domestic political, social and human rights developments, with a view to identifying relevant trends.
- Contribute to political reporting.
- Advise on Embassy activities.
- Support relevant incoming missions/visitors.
- Recognize and liaise with local stakeholders (national/local authorities, ngo’s, organizations etc.).
- Manage the portfolio supporting human rights organisations’ projects.
- Strong knowledge of Israeli society including political landscape and civil society.
- Relevant academic degree.
- At least 4 years working experience in the field of domestic politics, human rights and social issues.
- Strong political antenna.
- Ability and willingness to roll up sleeves, proactive approach
- Excellent networking and communication skills.
- Team player, result oriented, flexible.
- Israeli citizenship or a valid work permit for Israel.
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, writing) and Hebrew. Command of Arabic is an asset.
How to apply
Please send your application, consisting of 1) a letter in English outlining your motivation, and 2) your English CV, to TEL-CDP@minbuza.nl .
Deadline for applications is June 14, 2021. The selection procedure consists of an evaluation of the applications to identify the candidates fulfilling the minimum requirements. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
The Embassy is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.