Vacancy Assistant to Innovation Counselor (AIC)
Date: January 9, 2019
Vacancy number: 63377291
Working hours: 40 hours/week
Salary dep. on education and experience: scale 7, from BRL 9.246
The Netherlands is one of the world leaders in the field of Science, Technology and Innovation and is among others high on the 'Global competitiveness index'. The Netherlands has the ambition to be part of the global Top 5 of knowledge economies. In order to achieve this and to strengthen the position, the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy has set up the "Holland Innovation Network" which operates in 15 countries around the world. The Holland Innovation Network (HIN) Brazil is part of this network and is based at the Consulate General (CG) in São Paulo while operating in the whole of Brazil.
The CG in São Paulo, with 20 employees in total, represents the Dutch economic, consular and cultural interests in 5 southern states of Brazil. This is an area the size of Germany, France and the Benelux together, containing 60% of the Brazilian population. The State of São Paulo, with a population of about 45 million people, is the innovative and economic center of Brazil.
The goal of HIN Brazil is to link Brazilian and Dutch parties in the field of innovation. Brazil is a priority country for 4 top Dutch sectors: Life Sciences & Health, High Tech Systems & Materials, Energy and AgriFood. HIN Brazil offers a dynamic international function and working environment, in which the AIC, in collaboration with the HIN team, can scout and exploit concrete opportunities for strengthening the innovation cooperation between the Netherlands and Brazil.
HIN Brazil cooperates with the other components of the Economic Diplomatic Network in Brazil and consists of 3 people: the Innovation Counselor, the Innovation Advisor and the Assistant to the Innovation Counselor.
The Assistant to Innovation Counselor (AIC) contributes to the three main tasks of HIN Brazil:
1. Antenna function for companies, knowledge institutions and government. Signaling and reporting on new technological developments and innovations in Brazil for the Netherlands;
2. Source of information for companies, knowledge institutions and government. Answering scientific and technological questions, advising companies, knowledge institutions and government organizations, mediating for and guiding visits by these Dutch parties in Brazil;
3. Activate cooperation through, for example, seminars, fairs and missions. Linking Brazilian scientific, technological and innovative parties to their Dutch counterparts and vice versa. HIN Brazil regularly receives delegations, which require intensive preparations and guidance.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND TASKS
- The Assistant to Innovation Counselor (AIC) works under the responsibility of the Innovation Counselor for Brazil in São Paulo;
- The AIC, together with the other team members, contributes to the development and implementation of Dutch innovation policy in general and more specifically in the field of Top Sectors and societal challenges appointed by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy (EZK);
- In this function, confidentiality and careful handling of sensitive issues must be taken into account;
- Business travel to other parts of Brazil is part of the job for relation management, scouting of opportunities and contact with the network;
- The AIC can further develop 'on the job', both in terms of content, network and skills;
- Signaling new developments in Brazil and communicating about this;
- Providing operational support to the HIN team (such as finance and social media, including Twitter, LinkedIn);
- Acting as a source of information for innovative developments in Brazil for companies, knowledge institutions and governments in the Netherlands and maintaining and building a relevant network in Brazil and the Netherlands to be able to work as liaison and to create matches between Brazilian and Dutch parties;
- Contribute to events (workshops, fairs, missions) that HIN Brazil organizes or co-organizes in Brazil and in the Netherlands.
WHAT WE ASK
- Work and thinking level: university (of applied sciences) level;
- Affinity with the field of innovation;
- Good social and communication (writing) skills and a customer-oriented and flexible attitude. Able to set up and maintain a relevant network. Experience with social media is an advantage;
- Taking initiative, problem-solver, goal-oriented;
- Fluent in the Portuguese language. Fluent in the English or Dutch language (Dutch is an advantage);
- Good at organizing and executing activities, working quickly and accurately;
- Flexible and open for team work;
- Experienced in working with computers (word processing, spreadsheets, email, databases, internet use, etc.);
- Candidates who do not have Brazilian nationality must be in possession of a valid residence permit and work permit.
A motivation letter with your curriculum vitae, a copy of your passport or identity card, photocopies of your diplomas and a recent passport photo should be submitted no later than 6 February 2019:
Mrs. Drs. Petra J.M. Smits
Counselor for Science, Technology and Innovation for the Netherlands in Brazil
Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Av. Brigadeiro Faria Lima, 1779, 3rd floor, 01452-001 - São Paulo - SP, Brazil
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the week of February 11, 2019 the first round of interviews will take place and in the week of February 18, the second round, after which a decision will be made. Candidates are requested to take this planning into account.